A new Local Plan
We are consulting on ‘Tower Hamlets Draft Local Plan 2031: Managing Growth and Sharing the Benefits’ (Regulation 18) which sets out a proposed vision, objectives and planning policies to positively plan and manage development in the borough up to 2031.
The draft plan was available for comment between 11 November 2016 and 2 January 2017.
The Draft Local Plan and supporting documents can be viewed on our consultation portal.
The Draft Local Plan and associated documents can be viewed via the link below.
The council has also produced a short summary booklet which provides a brief overview of the topics contained in the Local Plan.
The documents can also be viewed free of charge at the following locations during normal opening hours:
- Town Hall (Reception), Mulberry Place, Clove Crescent, E14 2BG
- Idea Store Bow, 1 Gladstone Place, Roman Road, Bow, E3 5ES
- Idea Store Canary Wharf, Churchill Place, E14 5RB
- Idea Store Chrisp Street, 1 Vesey Path East India Dock Road, E14 6BT
- Idea Store Whitechapel, 321 Whitechapel Road, E1 1BU
- Idea Store Watney Market, 260 Commercial Road, E1 2FB
- Bethnal Green Library, Cambridge Heath Rd, London E2 0HL
- Cubitt Town Library, Strattondale Street, E14 3HG
- Local History & Archives Library, 277 Bancroft Road, E1 4DQ
Consultation events - now closed
The council held a series of public consultation drop-in events regarding the Local Plan at various locations in the borough on the following dates:
- Thursday 24 Nov: Idea Store, Chrisp Street
- Saturday 26 Nov: Idea Store, Bow
- Saturday 3 Dec: V & A Museum of Childhood (Bethnal Green)
- Wednesday 7 Dec: Alpha Grove Community Centre (Isle of Dogs)
- Wednesday 14 Dec: Idea Store, Whitechapel
For more information
- Email: email@example.com
Planning Policy Consultation
D&R Strategic Planning
London Borough of Tower Hamlets
PO BOX 55739
- Telephone: 020 7364 5009
What happens next
Following consultation on the Draft Local Plan, the council will consider all the comments which will inform the next stage of preparation, an updated version of the Local Plan for further consultation in summer 2017. We will then submit the Local Plan to the Government’s Planning Inspectorate for a public examination.
The first stage of public consultation for a new Local Plan ran between 14 December 2015 and 8 February 2016 and sought views our proposed approach which was set out in “Our Borough, Our Plan: A new Local Plan first steps” consultation document.
The council would like to thank those, who have submitted consultation responses and those who attended our community engagement events. You can view previous consultation documents by clicking on the links below:
Draft Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report Appendices:
How can I find out more?
You can email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to us by phoning 020 7364 5009.
If you would like to be kept informed about the new Local Plan and other local planning policy updates, please sign up to our mailing list.