Services for older people

Tower Hamlets provides a range of services to help older people live independently in their own homes. Care in a residential or nursing home is available, if this best meets an individual's needs.

Some people cannot manage on their own without help - many are assisted by family and friends, but occasionally more help is needed. Assistance can be provided for older people, people with disabilities, people with mental health problems and others who are unable to live on their own without some support.

To work out if you or the person you care for will be able to get any of our services, we will arrange to assess your needs. We can discuss what the problems are and decide what help is needed.

There are several ways you can contact us if you want help for yourself or another person. Your enquiries will be dealt with in confidence.

Browse the Tower Hamlets Community Catalogue where you can look for services, support and equipment to help you to live more independently.

Contact us

Contact the council’s social care team:
Mulberry Place (AH)
PO Box 55739
5, Clove Crescent
E14 2BG

Tel: 020 7364 5005