Tower Hamlets Council is carrying out a community governance review to consider whether a new parish council, ‘Spitalfields Town Council’, should be created within the two wards of Spitalfields and Banglatown; and Weavers.
It follows a valid petition received by council on 23 July 2018 from local residents requesting the creation of a new parish council.
The council is now consulting all residents in the two affected wards as well as any other person, organisation or business who has an interest in the review.
Two consultation phases will take place:
- The first phase runs from 8 October and will close on 31 December 2018.
- A second stage, putting forward the council’s draft recommendations, will take place in spring 2019.
The review must be complete by 22 July 2019.
To have your say, take part in the council’s online consultation at www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/cgr
All responses must be received by no later than 5pm on 31 December 2018.
For any questions about the consultation or for further information, please email CGR@towerhamlets.gov.uk
The following supporting information is available on our consultation page:
- A consultation document including frequently asked questions
- A map showing the proposed boundaries of the new parish council
- Terms of reference for the review
Posted on Monday 8th October 2018