Spectacular fireworks will illuminate the skies above Tower Hamlets on Sunday 4 November, when residents can enjoy a stunning and free fireworks night display to keep the whole family entertained.
The glittering fireworks spectacle will take place in Victoria Park at 7pm.
This year’s display has a thrilling monstrous theme, inspired by the first science-fiction novel Frankenstein, which was first published two centuries ago.
Organised by the council’s arts, parks and events team, Guy Fawkes celebrations will captivate audiences with dazzling visuals and an atmospheric soundtrack created by Walk the Plank, a leading pyrotechnical and outdoor theatre company.
This year’s fireworks night event is supported by Goldenvoice/AEG Presents, producers of the new All Points East event, which launched this summer in Victoria Park with a clear onus to support culture in the Tower Hamlets community.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets, John Biggs said: "I am delighted that we will continue to host this fantastic event in one of the nation’s favourite parks and we welcome AEG’s support”.
Cllr Amina Ali, Cabinet Member for Culture, Arts and Brexit added: “The council is famous for its striking, imaginative, and much-loved fireworks displays and this year promises another visual treat for residents”.
Plan Your Visit:
WARNING - STROBE & FLASHING LIGHTS WILL BE USED AS PART OF THE DISPLAY
• This event is free of charge and no booking is required
• The display is scheduled to start at 7pm, however food and refreshments will be available to purchase from 5.30pm
• There is no funfair or other amusements on site
• The event is located on the eastern side of Victoria Park, off Grove Road
• Please note not all park gates will be available for entry and exit. Please see map showing the entrances that will be available.
There is no parking available and extensive road closures will be in place. Therefore we strongly advise people to travel to and from the event using public transport or on foot. Limited Blue Badge parking will be available on a first come / first served basis. For access enquiries please email email@example.com.
The nearest underground stations are Mile End and Bethnal Green and note that there are planned closures on the District Line. Some bus routes will be suspended as a result of planned road closures for the event that use Grove Road and Roman Road. Please visit www.tfl.gov.uk to plan your visit.
If you are travelling to the fireworks display at Victoria Park please note that planned improvement works on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 November mean there will be no Circle or Hammersmith & City line services and no District line service between South Kensington and East Ham. This means that the District and Hammersmith & City lines will not be running through Mile End. The Central line and other routes to/from central London are expected to be particularly busy prior to the event so please allow extra time for your journey.
Travelling from central / east London on the Central line
Mile End station will be very busy and to prevent overcrowding some trains may not be able to stop there. If you are on a westbound train that does not stop at Mile End, exit at Bethnal Green and walk to the event from there, it’s about the same distance. If you are on an eastbound train that does not stop at Mile End, exit at Stratford, make your way to the westbound platform and return to Mile End, or Bethnal Green from there.
Travel advice from local District and Hammersmith & City line stations
- If you are travelling from stations between Tower Hill and Bromley by Bow, use the rail replacement bus service (service A) directly to Mile End station.
- If you are travelling from Plaistow, Upton Park and East Ham, use the rail replacement bus service (service B) to Canning Town, then take the Jubilee line to Stratford, and then the Central line to Mile End station.
- If you are travelling from Barking or Upminster, use c2c services to West Ham and change for the Jubilee line to Stratford and then the Central line to Mile End station
- If you are travelling from other stations east of Barking, use District line services to Barking, then change for c2c services to West Ham, then Jubilee line to Stratford and then the Central line to Mile End station
Arriving at Mile End
Please exit the station immediately – follow instructions from staff and stewards. Please have your tickets ready to exit the barriers. If you need to meet friends and family, you will find it easier to do so away from the station and the street immediately outside, which will both be very busy.
A managed queuing system will be in operation after the event to enter Mile End station. Please listen to announcements and follow instructions from station staff and event stewards. Please help keep the queue moving by having your tickets ready and moving down the platforms and inside the first available train.
Important information regarding conditions of entry:
Tower Hamlets Council is working with local police and has dedicated security and stewarding to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable evening.
• The event will have CCTV, enhanced lighting and observational towers to enable our security and police personnel to monitor the event.
• Our teams will be conducting bag searches and prohibited items will not be permitted on site.
Items prohibited from site include:
• Fireworks or pyrotechnics, including sparklers or flares
• Glass (of any kind)
• Animals (with the exception of assistance dogs)
• Food, other than that is reasonable for personal consumption
• Knives or offensive weapons
• Bicycles, skateboards, scooters or personal motorized vehicles (except where required due to a disability)
• Illegal substances including ‘legal highs’
• Air horns or other similar items capable of making noise
• Laser devices
• Flammable liquids or gasses
• Weapons / hazardous items
• Bulk quantities of any items that could be intended for unauthorised trading, promotional or political activity
• Or any other items which we consider to be unsafe or pose a risk to public safety and/or security
Visit www.towerhamletsarts.org.uk for further details.
Posted on Tuesday 9th October 2018