One of last year's winning designs, created by Nusaybah Ali of William Davis Primary School
With just about 10 weeks until Christmas, John Biggs, Mayor of Tower Hamlets is once again on the lookout for exciting new designs for his Christmas cards.
Children who live or go to school in Tower Hamlets are being encouraged to get creative and enter Tower Hamlets Council’s Christmas card competition.
The three winning designs will feature on cards sent by Mayor Biggs, Will Tuckley, Chief Executive and Debbie Jones, Corporate Director of Children’s Services.
The lucky winners will be invited to town hall along with their parents so Mayor Biggs can thank them in person and present them with a framed copy of their artwork and a book token.
Mayor Biggs said: “Christmas is fast approaching once again and it’s time for children to get creative to help us with our greeting cards. Every year we’re incredibly impressed with the drawings, paintings and collages that children in Tower Hamlets come up with. Our borough has so many talented young people and I can’t wait to see this year’s designs.”
The council received 160 wonderful entries through its 2018 competition.
How to enter
Entrants must be aged 5 to 11 and either live or go to school in the borough.
- be on A5 paper, either landscape or portrait
- be original, creative and colourful
- not use glitter, or any other protruding items
- include the child's name, age, contact phone number, school and address on the back of the design.
Designs should be submitted by post or email by 4pm on Monday 4 November 2019.
- Post: address to Tower Hamlets communications department, Town Hall, Mulberry Place, Clove Crescent, London E14 2BG
- Email: send as an attachment with the subject line 'Mayor's Christmas card competition' to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, unfortunately entries cannot be returned.
In addition to the winning entries appearing on Christmas cards, images of all entries may be featured in internal and external communications from the Council, including our website, social media channels and newsletters.
Posted on Tuesday 15th October 2019