Following a worrying rise in cases of Covid-19, the government has introduced new tier 4 restrictions in London.
Household mixing on 23-27 December is no longer permitted, meaning that residents must stay at home as much as possible and not mix indoors with other households. Single person households and clinically vulnerable people can form a support bubble with another household.
- Stay at home except for food shopping, exercise, collecting prescriptions, medical appointments and essential work
- Don't travel to other areas is not permitted to help slow the spread of Covid-19
- Shops selling non-essential goods and market stalls not selling food must close
- You can only meet a maximum of one person from another household outdoors at a safe social distance
- Cafes, restaurants, bars and pubs remain closed but can serve takeaway, click-and-collect and delivery orders
- Personal care, hair and beauty salons must close, as should tattoo, massage and spa venues
- Entertainment venues, indoor attractions and leisure facilities must close
Full Tier 4 guidance
Covid-19 testing is available at locations across Tower Hamlets by booking on the national testing portal.
Guidance for your visit it to the site:
- you can walk or cycle (do not go by public transport or taxi)
- everyone should wear a face covering, except children under the age of 3
- site staff will tell you if an assistant does the swab test for you, or if you do it yourself
- do not go to the site if you’re unwell or if you’re at high risk (shielding) from coronavirus – choose a home test instead
Posted on Sunday 20th December 2020