The Reuse and Recycling Centre (RRC) on Yabsley Street has is reopening on Wednesday, 20 May with reduced opening hours and new safety measures in place, having been closed since 24 March due to coronavirus.
Journeys to the RRC must only be undertaken if your waste or recycling cannot be stored at home safely or disposed of safely by other means. If you can temporarily store your waste or recycling in a way that does not pose a risk to your or others’ safety or human health, then you must do so.
• Reduced opening hours: Wednesday to Sunday 9am to 5pm. Please do not arrive before the site opens.
• Access to the RRC will only be via Baffin Way and then Blackwall Way.
Please ensure you have read the below guidance and safety measures before travelling to the RRC:
• Where possible you should make use of the council’s bulky waste or garden waste services rather than travelling to the RRC.
• We will not accept vans on to the site in the first phase of opening. This is because of the greater level of checks that are needed for accepting vans on to the site.
• Please check which materials the RRC is accepting. Currently clothes and textiles are not being accepted.
• Please be patient. Remember that going to the RRC will be different from the way the system operated previously and that it will be a while before social distancing restrictions are lifted. You may have to queue before you are allowed entry due to the limits on the numbers of people that can be in the RRC at any one time.
• You should not visit the RRC if you or a member of your household is unwell. Please follow the government guidance and self-isolate for either seven days (if you are experiencing symptoms) or 14 days (if a member of your household is experiencing symptoms).
• Visitors to the RRC must always observe social distancing. If you do not comply with social distancing guidance, you will be asked to leave the RRC and the site may have to close temporarily.
• RRC staff will not be able to assist with carrying items.
• If you do travel to the RRC, please remember to stay in your vehicle while queuing to aid with social distancing. Please do not leave your vehicle until it is necessary to get out.
• Some parking bays have been suspended to ease congestion.
• Residents are still asked to bring ID as normal.
• On your return from the RRC please remember not to touch your face and to wash your hands for 20 seconds on arrival at your destination.
For more information on the RRC visit our website.
Posted on Tuesday 19th May 2020