We are continuing to see a significant rise in cases of Covid-19 in Tower Hamlets, in line with what we are seeing across London and the rest of the country. Positive cases continue to be highest among young people between the ages of 20 and 29.
To stop cases continuing to rise, we must all follow the government's restrictions and guidelines. By playing your part you will help protect your family and friends and keep our community safe:
- Hands – wash your hands regularly, for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, then use hand sanitiser.
- Face – wear a face coveringon public transport, in shops and other enclosed areas, or anywhere it is difficult to socially distance.
- Space – keep a safe distance from other people outside your household (two metres where possible).
- Follow the rule of six and do not meet with people from other households socially in groups of more than six, indoors or outdoors, including in private homes. Read more about the rules, which came into force on 14 September 2020.
- Book a free test now if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature, a new or continuous cough or a change/loss in your normal sense of taste or smell) and stay at home until you get your result. A mobile testing unit will be near Canary Wharf on 15, 18 and 21 September.
- Stay at home if you test positive for Covid-19 or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive and been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
Remember, support to self-isolate is available from the council. Please let us know if you need help. If you have family, friends or neighbours who may be vulnerable or feeling lonely at the moment, please keep in touch with them.
More information is available in our dedicated Covid-19 section. You can also sign up for updates.
Posted on Monday 14th September 2020