Today (Monday 12 April) we move into step two of the government’s roadmap out of lockdown and there has been further easing of restrictions. From 12 April the guidance is:
- Continue to meet in groups of six or up to two households, outside only.
- All shops will reopen including services such as hairdressers and beauty salons.
- Restaurants, bars and pubs can serve food and alcohol to customers outdoors only.
- Gyms, libraries and community centres will reopen.
- Weddings can take place with up to 15 people in attendance, funerals with up to 30 people, and wakes with up to 15 people.
- Children can attend any indoor children’s activity.
- Care home residents can have two visitors each.
- Members of the same household can take a holiday in England in self-contained accommodation.
Shop safe and shop local. Stay outside when meeting others – fresh air reduces the risk of passing Covid-19 on.
The government continue to review cases of Covid-19 and any new variants of the virus. Each stage of the roadmap will consider these to ensure the safe lifting of restrictions.
More information about the roadmap out of lockdown can be found on the government website.
Remember, advice and guidance around Covid-19 can change quickly, so make sure you stay up to date with the latest.
Posted on Monday 12th April 2021