From Monday 17 May, England moves into stage 3 of the government’s lockdown roadmap. Updated rules in place are:
- Six people or two households can meet indoors, with overnight stays allowed. People can meet in groups of up to 30 outdoors.
- Up to 30 people can attend weddings, receptions, and commemorative events such as wakes. The number of people who can attend funerals now depends on the size of the venue.
- Up to 30 people can attend support groups, or parent and child groups. The limit does not apply to children under five.
- Residents in care homes can now have up to five named visitors.
- People can now make personal decisions on close contact with their family and friends. Remember that Covid-19 is still here and infectious. You should be cautious about hugging others, especially if they are not vaccinated.
- Social distancing remains in place in retail, hospitality, business, and medical settings. You still need to wear a face covering on public transport and in shops, unless you are exempt.
Leisure and entertainment
- Pubs, restaurants, bars and cafés can serve customers indoors.
- Museums, and cinemas can reopen, along with hostels, hotels and B&Bs.
- Theatres, concert halls, conference centres and sports stadiums can all reopen.
- Children’s indoor play areas can reopen.
- Steam rooms and saunas can reopen, and indoor organised sports and exercise classes for adults can restart.
- Face coverings are no longer required in secondary schools and colleges.
- All remaining university students can return to in-person learning.
People can travel abroad to green list countries.
Check with your local place of worship for the latest advice.
The government is continuing to review cases of Covid-19, vaccination rollout, and any new variants of the virus. Each stage of the roadmap will consider these to ensure the safe lifting of restrictions.
Shop safe and shop local.
The government continue to review cases of Covid-19 and any new variants of the virus. Each stage of the roadmap will consider these to ensure the safe lifting of restrictions.
More information about the roadmap out of lockdown can be found on the government website.
Remember, advice and guidance around Covid-19 can change quickly, so make sure you stay up to date with the latest.
Posted on Monday 17th May 2021