Tower Hamlets Council is once again looking for people who want to tackle discrimination and hate crime in their community.
Applications for the next round of the council’s free No Place for Hate training are now open until Friday 10 June. Anyone who lives or works in the borough is eligible to apply to become a No Place for Hate Champion.
We are looking for people who have:
- Proven and demonstrable commitment to the principles and practice of equal opportunities
- A commitment to wanting to make a difference to the lives of those living and working in Tower Hamlets
- Demonstrable commitment to tackling all forms of hate
- Some experience in delivering presentations and/or facilitating workshops or training
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- An awareness of issues faced by vulnerable groups
- A commitment to attend and complete both training dates – Wednesday 6 and Thursday 7 July 2022.
Successful applicants will undertake a free training programme that will equip you the with the knowledge and facilitation skills needed to provide hate crime awareness training and outreach.
In turn, anyone who becomes a No Place for Hate Champion should deliver at least three activities to tackle hate crime, such as outreach events, or deliver training to those living or working in Tower Hamlets.
The training will take place online over Microsoft Teams, over two days:
- Wednesday 6 July, 10am - 4pm
- Thursday 7 July, 10am – 4pm
To find out more about the selection criteria and receive an application form, please email email@example.com or call 020 7364 6105/6120.
Posted on Thursday 19th May 2022