UK households waste a staggering 4.5 million tonnes of edible food waste a year, enough to fill 90 Royal Albert Halls! Growing, processing, packaging and transporting the food we eat all contribute to climate change. And when we throw it away it rots and releases even more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
Making the most of our food will not only help to fight climate change but will also help us to eat better and save us money too.
During this practical and fun workshop, we will show you how to prepare our favourite recipes that use up common leftovers but don’t compromise on taste. We will also share simple tips on how to minimise waste, by considering how we plan, buy, store and throw away food.
We will show you how to make
- quiche with homemade pastry and leftover veggies
- ripe banana and oat energy balls
- veg scraps stock.
We’ll also cover:
- how to make use of your fruit and vegetable scraps and peels
- different ways to use up stale bread
- tasty ways to use up what’s in your fridge.