We are seeking to appoint an Independent Person to assist us in promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct amongst its elected and co-opted Members.
The Independent Person (IP) is a statutory role. The IP will be consulted on decisions about whether to investigate complaints of alleged breach of the Code of Conduct for Members and before any decision is made about a complaint that has been investigated.
We have already appointed an IP and are seeking to appoint a second IP.
The IP will:
- Be able to act impartially and with integrity;
- Be aware of the importance of ethical behaviour;
- Have an interest in local issues;
- Have good communication skills.
The law requires that the IP:
- Must be aged 18 or over;
- Must not be a current (or have been within the previous 5 years) Councillor, Co-opted Member or employee of the London Borough of Tower Hamlets;
- Must not be a relative or close friend of a Councillor, Co-opted Member or employee of the council.
For an application pack please contact Sharon Bailey, Management Support Officer, Town Hall, Mulberry Place, 5 Clove Crescent, London E14 2BG, telephone 020 7364 2128; email email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Thursday 19 October 2017.
Posted on Wednesday 27th September 2017