It's Recycle Week and a chance to make sure you know how to recycle right!
We are running information stalls at locations across the borough. Pop along to find out more about what you can and can't recycle and get great tips on how to do your bit and recycle more.
Mayor John Biggs said: "This is a good way for us to get residents engaged in recycling. We want to work with partners, such as Veolia, to make it easier to recycle and we're starting off by using Recycle Week to encourage people to recycle right."
Lead member for Strategic Development, Councillor Rachel Blake, added: “Recycling is good for the environment on a global scale but also better for us all locally - less waste being disposed of saves the Council money. We want to make it easier for everyone to recycle by working with residents, Housing Associations and Managing Agents. We've already started work on our estates and will continue to work to increase how much waste is recycled in Tower Hamlets.”
If you have communal recycling bins you do not need to use the clear recycling sacks, any clear sack will do or you can place recyclable items in the bin loose.
Come along to get info and advice from our friendly recycling team at the following locations:
- Monday 25 September - Idea Store Chrisp Street, 1 Vesey Path, East India Dock Road, E14
- Tuesday 26 September - Idea Store Watney Market, 260 Commercial Road, E1
- Wednesday 27 September - Bethnal Green Library, Cambridge Heath Road, E2
- Thursday 28 September – Idea Store Bow, Roman Road E3
- Friday 29 September - Idea Store Whitechapel, 321 Whitechapel Road, E1
All stalls will be open from 10am - 4pm.
For more info go to www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/recycling.
Posted on Thursday 21st September 2017