Theme 4 Employment and Skills
This theme has three funding schemes which are summarised below.
Scheme 4A - Developing and embedding good practice in the work place for people with disabilities, learning difficulties and physical and mental health barriers to work
- Promoting ethical employer practices to focus on improving employment and progression opportunities for people with additional needs, with an emphasis for employers on sustaining or improving business productivity.
In this priority we are looking in particular to:
- Improve employee retention;
- Increase employee progression;
- Improve employee-employer relations;
- Ensure employers are better informed of how to support their employees;
- Employees feel more comfortable and better supported in the work place;
- Increase take-up of relevant support services;
- Develop packages of support measures for businesses and employees;
- Enhance productivity
Scheme 4B - Reducing barriers to employment for disadvantaged groups
- Reducing barriers to employment for disadvantaged groups. In this priority we are looking to increase employment, entrepreneur training and work experience opportunities for a range of groups who may be considered further from the labour market, including young people, women returning to the labour market, people with disabilities or learning difficulties, and older people needing to re-skill. This list is not exhaustive.
- Employment and volunteering opportunities for older people. In this priority we are looking in particular to:
a) Increase in the proportion of older people who feel they are able to continue making a positive contribution in our communities through volunteering;
b) Older people develop employability skills;
c) Older people have more confidence to look for opportunities
- Employment skills for vulnerable young people and those who are NEET. In this priority we are looking in particular to:
a) Increase the number of vulnerable young people engaging and accessing provision;
b) Reduce in the percentage of young people who are NEET
- Employment and skills for young people at risk of achieving poor outcomes. In this priority we are looking in particular to:
a) Increase educational attainment - post 16;
b) Increase in attainment for young people at risk of not reaching their full potential.
Scheme 4C - Support focused on increasing access to art and cultural industries
- Support focused on increasing access to art and cultural industries. In this priority we are looking in particular to increase numbers participating in arts activities and schemes that lead to training and employment in the creative sectors
Download the complete information on the employment and skills theme (.docx)