Business Rates revaluation
In light of the changes in business rates that will result from the national business rates revaluation, the Tower Hamlets Enterprise Team is supporting businesses in reducing their business rates obligations. Here is some information which may be useful to businesses in considering how this can be done.
Business rates page
The Revenue Services provide information including-
- on how to check your rate valuation
- how to appeal
- changes in small business rate relief
- rateable multipliers for 2017-18
- reductions and reliefs available
- business rates FAQs.
Find out more information on the Business rates page.
Government information on business rates
The government website provides a range of information, including:
- an overview of business rates
- what to pay and when
- who doesn’t pay
- implications of working at home
- where professional advice can be found.
Find out more information on the Gov.uk website.
Valuation Office Agency
Embedded within the GOV.UK website the VOA provides information, including:
- check your rateable value
- compare valuations
- how the VOA value properties
- what to do if you believe the valuation is wrong
- the appeal process
These details and more can be found on the Gov.uk website.
Some other useful sources of information include:
Frank Knight – information provided here includes:
- update on London business rate rises 2017
- business rates multiplier
- business rates approval process
- how businesses can reduce business rates
Find out more information on the Frank Knight website.
GVA- offers an interactive business rates calculator giving businesses an indication of businesses 2017 liability.
Find out more information on the GVA website.
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Tower Hamlets Council of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organization or individual. Tower Hamlets Council cannot bear responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or subsequent links.