Start Up Ready (Now closed)
The Start Up Ready programme provides free business support for entrepreneurs who wish to start their own business. A training initiative for local residents who wish to set up an enterprise or have an interest in becoming entrepreneurs. Delivered in partnership with London Small Business Centre, part of the NWES Group, Tower Hamlets residents can develop the practical skills required to become an entrepreneur including:
- creating a business plan
- bookkeeping and accounting
- choosing a business model
- learning effective marketing techniques
- understanding intellectual property
- 1-to-1 business support is also available to start-ups who may require it.
Individuals who complete the start-up programme will have an opportunity to receive advice on accessing business funding from a range of sources.
Delivered over 4 days, this comprehensive course covers all you need to know to start your own business.
Day 1: Introduction to Enterprise
- pros & cons of running your own business
- introduction to business planning
- market research
- legal structures
- business insurance
Day 2: Marketing
- understanding your target market
- unique selling proposition
Day 3: Business finance
- start up and running costs
- cash flow forecasting
- profit & loss
- break even
- profit margins
- introduction to tax, NI and VAT
- basic book-keeping.
Day 4: Writing a business plan
- covers the completion of all sections of a typical business plan using our business plan template.
You are eligible if you are a Tower Hamlets resident wishing to start your own business or have a small business that is not yet economically viable.
We review any application on its merits; however we do have a general eligibility criteria which must also be met.
Start Up Ready grants scheme
Entrepreneurs who complete the Start Up Ready course will have the opportunity to apply for grant funding of up to £5000 to support the launch of their new business. Individuals who express an interest in applying for the grant will be required to complete an application form and pitch to an independent panel of judges.
This project has now ended. If you would like to find out about other opportunities you may be eligible for, please enquire or alternatively give us a call on 020 7364 2278.