Third Sector & Social Enterprise (Now closed)
The council Enterprise Team are offering an opportunity for existing or new third sector organisations and social enterprise to access a free 2 day training course on how to incorporate a commercial operation within their set up. The 2 day training programme for third sector organisations or social enterprise is funded by the council and delivered by NWES. The key aim is to reduce the dependency on grant funding. This transition often requires cultural change as well as increasing entrepreneurial ability amongst the individuals involved.
The third sector 2-day workshops will focus on these topics delivered by experts in the charity sector:
- key issues and concepts in developing new income streams
- new ideas for products and assessing viability in commercial settings
- insights into the pro and cons of different legal structures into which to consolidate new ventures
- needs of the organisation to achieve transition to trading: leadership, organisational change, culture
- development of strategy for moving to new business models
- those participating will create a strong support network, as each charity goes through a period of change.
This ongoing support network will be managed by NWES and all participants will then be offered continuing 1-1 support from a hand-picked business advisor with both experience of working with social enterprises and direct knowledge of the market sectors into which the charity wishes to enter.
Interested in our third sector programme? Register