The council has partnered with Enterprise Nation to deliver the Pivot Project.
The Pivot Project is aimed at helping companies that are struggling in the current climate but have the potential to survive and thrive if they can get the support and advice to adapt their business model.
First round applications for a place on the programme will open in October 2021 and close on the 3 December 2021. Those selected to take part will receive a detailed action plan for their business as well as further professional advice and equipment worth up to £1,000 to help with implementing changes.
The support is available for micro and small businesses, employing up to 49 people, that were trading before 30 June 2021.
While 150 firms will be selected for the Pivot Project specifically, council officers will ensure that any applicants that either don’t meet the eligibility criteria for this programme, will be supported to access other assistance available wherever possible.
Please note the application rounds below:
- Round 1: October 2021 until 3 December 2021
- Round 2: 5 January 2022 to 25 February 2022
- Round 3: 1 April 2022 to 30 June 2022
First round applications for a place on the programme will open in October 2021 and close on the 3 December 2021.
To register or to find out more please visit our partner website - https://enterprisenation.com/pivotproject
Peer to Peer Support
The Peer-to-Peer network will support Pivot Project beneficiaries to connect with other Tower Hamlets based businesses to provide an environment where they can connect, learn from, support, and do business with each other.
This network will be useful for Tower Hamlets based:
- Micro or Small businesses who have a service or product which can support another business to Pivot and who is interested in joining our Pivot Project Suppliers List
- Businesses who are seeking to connect with other local businesses to share good business practice and bounce ideas off.
How does it work:
You will need to complete a brief business profile and consent form which we ask that you complete and return to us as soon as possible.
Once we receive your form you will then be added to the Pivot Project 2 Peer-to-Peer network which will give you access to the following opportunities:
- to provide quotes for services / products to Pivot Project beneficiaries,
- to connect with other businesses through networking and launch event(s),
- increase your visibility amongst your peers and other local buyers and
- develop your capacity and experience to bid for bigger supply chain opportunities.
Examples of products / services Tower Hamlet’s businesses have used to successfully Pivot their business:
Professional services (Advice and training)
- Funding / Grants
- 1:1 mentoring
- Digital marketing training
- Social media
- Taxes and finance
- Local networking
- Photography and filming
- Website development
- Filming and video equipment
- Cooking equipment
- Tech equipment
- Market stall equipment
If you would like to find out more about this initiative and register your interest to be added to the Pivot Project Peer-to-Peer list, please complete our business support registration form.