If you are in immediate risk call 999 or 112 (from a mobile) for the Police
Violence Against Women & Girls (VAWG), Domestic Abuse (DA) and Hate Crime team (HC)
The domestic abuse and hate crime team work developing a community response to prevent domestic abuse and hate crime, protect and support victims and bring offenders to justice.
We do this by:
- coordinating Tower Hamlets’ multi-agency VAWG & DA Strategy Group meeting, case conferences and various steering groups including a specialist domestic violence court steering group and Violence Against Women and Girls agenda
- organising training and events to raise awareness of domestic abuse and support service improvements
- producing public information and resources for staff on local domestic abuse services
- supporting the development of services to meet identified needs
- providing advice and information to staff from local agencies on how to respond.
The Sanctuary Project
If you wish to remain in your home and exclude the offender the Sanctuary Project can provide you with tailored home security and safety planning support. This project is run by the council in partnership with the police. The service is based on a risk assessment and aims to prevent homelessness amongst victims of domestic violence. It is not suitable for victims still living with the offender or in high risk cases where re-housing is the only safe option.
For further information contact the Domestic Violence Projects Officer on 0800 279 5434 or for more on local domestic abuse services contact the Domestic Abuse Team on 0800 279 5434 or email@example.com (non secure) firstname.lastname@example.org (secure)
We can help in several ways including
- help emergency accommodation and housing
- housing repairs and lock changes
- child protection and family support
- support for children at school
- vulnerable adults
- third party reporting.
For a full contact list of teams and organisations who can help, please download the Domestic Violence and Abuse Service Directory.
Advice, information and referral
In an emergency, always call the Police on 999. For non emergencies, you can call the Police on 101.
The council’s Community Safety Services, VAWG, Domestic Abuse and Hate Crime team can provide advice and information to professionals. The team also works behind the scenes to develop local services for people experiencing domestic abuse.
Contact the team during office hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on 0800 279 5434 or email email@example.com.
Tower Hamlets Violence against Women and Girls and Domestic Abuse Strategy group
Tower Hamlets VAWG & DA SG meeting is a multi-agency group that meets four times a year to promote good practice, share information about service developments and support networking and communication between professionals on tackling domestic abuse
For more information please contact the domestic abuse team on 0800 279 5434/ 020 7364 4986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.