Public disorder

The Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership (CDRP) takes public disorder seriously. The CDRP includes the council, police, fire service, the community and voluntary sector, businesses and local people. There are a number of ways to report incidents where someone whose conduct in a public place is likely to cause, or intends to cause harassment, alarm or distress to anyone present. This may include drug misuse or anti-social behaviour.

In an emergency, always dial 999 - if a crime is happening now, or if anyone is in immediate danger.

If it's not an emergency, contact the nearest police station or report the incident or a crime that has already happened to the Police non-emergency 101 reporting line.  Calls to 101 from landlines and mobiles cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day you call or how long your call lasts.

If you don't need an urgent response, you can now report a crime online. Details will then be forwarded to the local police.

Other useful reporting links

Hate crimes: Information about hate crime and how to report it, including details of Third Party Reporting Centres in Tower Hamlets.

Anti-social behaviour: Information about how to report anti-social behaviour.

Further information

For further information, please contact an anti-social behaviour investigation officer in your area by emailing

To discuss any issues about community safety contact your local Safer Neighbourhood Team by visiting the Tower Hamlets Met policing page. 

To receive your local Safer Neighbourhood Team newsletters sign up for the group email service on the neighbourhood link page and follow your local Safer Neighbourhood Team on Twitter @MPSTowerHam.

Related services