Tower Hamlets Civic Awards 2022
Do you know someone we should all be proud of?
All over Tower Hamlets, there are special people who are working to make things better. People who live, work or study in the area and who help to improve the quality of life for other people.
The council’s Civic Awards Scheme allows us to thank the borough’s unsung heroes.
If you know someone who:
- (A) gives outstanding service to the community
- (B) has brought credit to the borough through sporting, artistic or cultural achievements
- (C) has improved the quality of life for local people by providing services beyond what they are paid to do
- (D) has benefited the community through success in business and in community involvement, or
- (E) is a young achiever under 25 years old whose accomplishments are extraordinary and should be recognised.
You can nominate them for a Civic Award before the deadline of Friday 7 January 2022.
Nominate someone now
Notes and tips on completing the nomination form
- It may help to consider the four “W’s” - who, what, where and when
- Who are they, and what do they do that you consider merits an award?
Remember if the person undertakes these services/activities as part of their paid job they will not be eligible. If you feel that their actions exceed what they are paid to do your submission must clearly demonstrate this.
- Where do they undertake these activities?
It must be within the borough of Tower Hamlets – in the case of category B above have they represented the borough?
- When did the person undertake these activities?
It should be recent or ongoing. For example this may be linked to the current Covid-19 pandemic etc.
You do not need to write a long essay. We need facts supported by examples to show e.g. how the person changes people’s lives in a way that others may not.
Please also be aware that posthumous awards can only be given within one year of a death.
If you need any advice or assistance with completing the form please phone 020 7364 4883 or email email@example.com.