How we spend our budget
The council spends £361.9m a year (net) on public services. Almost half is spent on vulnerable people. That includes looking after children in care, people with disabilities, mental health problems and vulnerable older people.
We also provide services for all. They include 7 leisure centres, 5 Idea Stores, 3 libraries, 12 children’s centres, maintaining roads, pavements and street lights, bins and street cleaning and managing 110 parks and open spaces.
The Mayor of Tower Hamlets wants to:
- offer opportunities to everybody
- improve your quality of life
- create growth and regeneration
- celebrate and support our diverse communities
- make sure we look after our most vulnerable people