Civic centre consultation
We are bringing the former Royal London Hospital building in Whitechapel back into community use as the borough’s new civic centre. Once again this 250-year-old building will serve the people of Tower Hamlets as an accessible, people’s town hall; a building for everyone.
We hope you can join us as we bring forward our proposals for this exciting project through a series of consultation events taking place throughout July. The purpose of these events is to give local residents and local businesses an opportunity to view and learn about the plans and comment on the proposals.
The first event will take place in Whitechapel over the weekend of 7-8 July but if you are unable to attend you will have the opportunity to have your say at a number of satellite events taking place across the borough later on in the month.
Details of all the events:
- Friday 7 July, between 11am and 7pm, Whitechapel (Whitechapel Idea Store, 321 Whitechapel Rd, E1 1BU)
- Saturday 8 July, between 10am and 4pm, Whitechapel (Whitechapel Idea Store)
- Monday 10 July, between 3pm and 8pm, Isle of Dogs (George Green School, 100 Manchester Rd, E14 3DW)
- Wednesday 12 July, between 3pm and 8pm, Bethnal Green (room 2, Bethnal Green Library, Cambridge Heath Road, E2 0H)
- Thursday 13 July, between 3pm and 8pm, Bow (Bow Idea Store, 1 Gladstone Place, Roman Road, E3 5ES)
- Monday 17 July, between 3pm and 8pm, Mile End (Ecology Pavilion, Haverfield Road off Grove Road, E3 5TW)