Have your say on Bartlett Park revamp
Tower Hamlets is preparing an ambitious plan which will transform and revitalise Bartlett Park, a key park in the heart of Poplar.
The plan is proposing a wide range of improvements to the park, including providing new facilities. The improvements will ensure Bartlett Park remains a focal point for existing and new communities coming into the area, making sure everyone has access to high quality open spaces which cater for the needs of all.
Keen to ensure the proposals reflect the priorities and aspirations of local people, the council is holding a six week consultation beginning on Monday, 21 May.
The consultation will give everyone the chance to view the draft plan, provide feedback on what is being proposed and share their ideas on how to improve the park.
The consultation will be seeking feedback on all elements of the plan including:
- Ideas on how to integrate the space on which the adventure playground is currently located into the main body of the park.
- Proposed new ‘celebratory entrances’ at the north east and south east corners of the park.
- New design of children’s play areas, including the adventure playground.
- Re-provision of the two football pitches and changing rooms.
- Traffic calming measures along Upper North Street, including the possible realignment of the southern end of the street.
- Improving connections from the park to the canal and improvement to the bridge.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman said: "Parks and open spaces are an important part of our community providing essential recreation, play and leisure facilities.
I am committed to ensuring all of our parks and open spaces are of the highest standard for residents to enjoy, and I would encourage residents to let us know how they would like to see Bartlett Park shaped.
The council has successfully upgraded Victoria Park and Altab Ali Park, and I am confident the improvements to Bartlett Park will be similarly impressive.”
Residents can fill in an online survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/Bartlett_Park or request a hard copy by calling 020 7364 6095.
Copies of the Bartlett park Masterplan will be made available at Idea Store Chrisp Street. Please see page 10 of the document for the detailed Masterplan.
There will be open drop in sessions at Idea Store Chrisp for people to view the proposals, ask questions and fill in a survey. Drop in sessions will take place on:
Tuesday, 29 May from 10am-1pm
Wednesday, 13 June from 2pm-5pm
Wednesday, 27 June from 5pm-8pm
There will also be an informal outdoor exhibition at Bartlett Park on Sunday 17 June where staff will be on hand to explain the proposals and answer questions.
The consultation ends on Sunday, 1 July.