Consultation on new Gypsy and Traveller Pitch Allocation Scheme
Following two draft consultation documents on the Pitch Allocation Scheme, we have now produced a final revised Pitch Allocation Scheme for Gypsy and Traveller pitches in Tower Hamlets. Comments on it are welcome.
This document constitutes the formal consultation relating to the new Pitch Allocation Scheme for Gypsy and Traveller pitches in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
Aims of the scheme
- To comply with the requirement to meet the housing needs of Gypsies and Travellers in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets (See appendix A for definition of Gypsy and Traveller).
- To establish a fair, transparent and equitable system for the allocation of pitches on the council’s managed site that is clearly defined and followed.
- To ensure that pitches are allocated to both Gypsies and Travellers so as to maintain the presence of both groups on this site.
- The establishment of two bands namely: the Gypsy and Traveller Housing Needs Band and the Gypsy and Traveller Housing Option Band.
View the new Pitch Allocation Scheme documents
Comments about the Pitch Allocation Scheme should be made by email to environmentalhealth@towerhamlets or in writing to:
Environmental Health, Environmental Protection
Mulberry Place (AH)
5 Clove Crescent
If you require help understanding the Pitch Allocation Scheme you can:
- Arrange for Grantley Bispham, Housing Technical Officer to meet with you and go through the policy. Call 020 7364 5008 or email email@example.com;
- Arrange for independent advice from Debby Kennet from London Gypsy and Traveller Unit; or
- Speak to another independent organisation such as the Citizen's Advice Bureau or law centre in the area.
The closing date for comment is 5pm on February 17, 2015.