Council tax reductions for people with disabilities

If you, or someone who lives with you, has a disability and needs a room such as an extra bathroom, kitchen or area in your property to meet the special needs of their disability you may be entitled to a reduction in your council tax bill.

If you are entitled to a reduction your bill will be reduced to the amount due for a property in the next valuation band down. For example if your home is in valuation band "D" your bill will be reduced to the amount for a band "C" property.

If your home is already in the lowest band a reduction equivalent to one sixth of your council tax bill will apply.

These reductions ensure that disabled people do not pay more tax because of space needed owing to a disability.

For further information contact the Revenue Services team.

How to contact us

Revenue Services
The Town Hall
Mulberry Place
5 Clove Crescent
London E14 2BG

Tel: 020 7364 5002
Fax: 020 7364 4456


Please quote your 10 digit council tax account reference in your email