Holiday Childcare Scheme Policies and Procedures
Our aim is to provide a good quality, safe, inclusive childcare service encouraging all children to engage and participate in play based activities indoors and outdoors.
Aims and objectives
- Offer an inclusive service, accessible to all children in the community.
- Ensure children feel happy, safe and secure, allowing them to learn and develop freely in a play centred environment.
- Encourage children to take responsibility for themselves and their actions.
- Encourage children to develop positive attitudes and respect for themselves and others, in an environment free from bullying and discrimination.
- Provide a wide range of resources and equipment which can be used under safe and supervised conditions.
- Offer a programme of activities which meets the needs of each child, promoting their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development, enabling them to become confident, independent and co-operative individuals.
- Work in partnership with parents to provide high quality play and care.
- Review and evaluate our services to ensure that we continue to meet the needs of children in our care and those of their parents or carers.
- Keep parents/ carers informed about changes in the administration of the scheme and to listen and respond to their views and concerns.
- Communicate effectively with parents and carers, and to discuss experiences, progress and any difficulties that may arise.
- Employ experienced, well trained staff and offer them appropriate support.
- Promote the Playwork Principles.
- Comply with the Children’s Act 1989, the Childcare Act 2006, and all other relevant legislation.