Holiday childcare scheme volunteer placements
The Holiday Childcare Team provides placement opportunities to volunteers and students who are committed, enthusiastic and reliable. Placement opportunities include:
- office based project work and
- may include practical experience of working with children (depending on the placement dates).
Virtual volunteer and student placements are available.
All volunteers and students completing a placement with us will take part in a formal induction. Volunteers and students have a weekly supervision meeting with a placement supervisor to provide ongoing support.
Tasks you need to complete
All volunteers and students will need to complete these tasks before being offered a placement:
- Email Lance Lathino: Lance.Lathino@towerhamlets.gov.uk
- Have an informal interview
- Complete online safeguarding training (including FGM and Prevent)
- Confirmation on placement dates/days
- Contact details of two professional/academic references
- All placements that involve direct contact with children require a DBS or oversees equivalent for international students
Previous volunteers have said
"I was enticed by the opportunity to help bring much needed joy into the lives of children during this pandemic. The holiday childcare team is a good way to spend my time and give back to the community."
"Working in the background of a community helping children to learn, grow and develop their social skills though play is most definitely rewarding."