Zero Emissions Network (ZEN)
The Zero Emissions Network (ZEN) is an air quality initiative supported by Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Islington councils. The scheme, funded by the Mayor’s Air Quality Fund and Tower Hamlets, is set up to help businesses save money, reduce emissions and improve air quality by making changes in transport and building use and adopting more sustainable business practices.
ZEN provides free access to tailored advice, exclusive services and discounted deals to reduce air pollution that causes more than 4,000 premature deaths in London each year.
The promotion of zero/low emissions travel for staff, clients and visitors through increased walking and cycling is a key aspect of this initiative. ZEN operates among businesses in the Spitafields, Shoreditch and Clerkenwell areas of London, which combined together form the City Fringe.
The network is essentially a group of local businesses working together to make the City Fringe a better place to visit, work and do business.
For more information visit the official ZEN website.
How can the ZEN help your business?
ZEN has over 850 businesses registered to the scheme.
- grants of up to £1,000 to help promote sustainable travel
- free trial of cargo bikes, electric cars and vans
- free one-year business membership to Zipcar or City Car Club with £60 driving credit
- free energy and waste audits to help you and your business to save money
- free cycle skills training, dr bike maintenance sessions and cycle safety seminars
- exclusive discounts on zero emission taxis
- supply chain solutions to help reduce delivery costs
- invitation to all networking events
- free publicity via the council’s wide range of promotional tools.
Signing up to the network is free, without obligation and you can register online. To find out more about the Zero Emissions Network or to apply for our trials and services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8356 6113.
To keep updated on all the latest news and events from ZEN as well as information related to air quality and sustainability, follow us on @ZENCityfringe or visit the ZEN website.
ZEN – One Year On
To mark the one-year anniversary of the Zero Emissions Network, Hackney Council has created a video about the project. The award-winning network is actively working to reduce the air pollution that results in the premature death of 9,500 Londoners every year. This short film, featuring a number of members and partners, summarises the work the ZEN has been up to over the past year. To find out more or join the network, visit www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/environment/pollution-and-air-quality