SME Energy Improvement Grants
The Council has launched the SME Energy Improvement Grants Programme and is making available grants for 50 per cent of project costs up to £5,000 for energy reduction projects.
An organisation is eligible to receive a grant if they are a Small to Medium sized Enterprise (SME) by meeting all of the following criteria:
- Have no more than 250 employees;
- Annual turnover not in excess of £25m;
- Not more than 25 per cent owned by an entity which does not meet the criteria.
In addition the premises where the measures will be installed must be in Tower Hamlets.
The following projects are eligible to receive funding;
- Energy reduction projects. For example lighting and heating upgrades, insulation and more efficient equipment.
- Renewable technologies
- Any project which can demonstrate that it will achieve acceptable energy savings will be considered.
Applying for a grant
Applications can be made by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page that will take you to the application form. Once you have submitted your application it will be assessed by a Grants Panel and SMEs will be notified if their application has been successful. Please note that projects cannot commence until the grant has been approved.
Before completing the application form please read through the Guidance Document below. This will give you all the information about the Programme and the information that is required to complete the application form.
The application form can be found below. Once you have completed the form please send it along with a copy of the quote(s) for the project to THEnergy@towerhamlets.gov.uk
If you have any questions about the Programme then please contact us on the above email address.
Find out more by reading the guidance document.
Download the application form.