Accepted items for bulk waste collection
What we will collect
Each household can arrange two free collections per year. Up to five items can be taken away per collection.
All items must be able to be safely handled by two people and should be less than two metres in length.
We will take the following items:
- appliances such as fridge, freezer, fridge-freezer, microwave, washing machine/dryer, dishwasher, cooker
- carpet, floor covering & rugs - rolled & tied
- furniture such as wardrobes, sofas, tables, shelves, desks, cabinet or cupboards, beds (base/frame and headboard is considered 1 item)
- internal doors
- small electrical appliances such as TV, vacuum cleaner, computers, lamps, kettles
- water tanks (plastic)
- up to 5 black bags (these cannot contain builder’s rubble/waste or any of the following items)
What we will not collect
We cannot collect anything once part of the fabric, fixtures or fittings of your home, DIY or builders' waste. We collect residents' rubbish only. We will not collect waste produced by contractors, fitters etc.
We will not collect any waste from landlords (as well as managing agents and housing organisations), tradesman or businesses.
We won't collect:
- American fridge (containing double doors that open from the middle outwards)
- any glass
- asbestos - the City of London can arrange an asbestos collection
- builders' rubble/waste including plaster boards, tiles, wooden pallets
- car parts and batteries
- chemicals, paint, oils, and gas bottles/canisters
- external doors, windows and garage doors
- fence panels
- fire surrounds
- fluorescent tubes
- metal water tank
- snooker tables – full size
- soil and trees
- storage heaters
Return to bulky waste collection webpage