Adult Social Care
Information on adult social care, including useful advice on maintaining your independence and local services.
We have launched a new integrated information, advice and advocacy service that will run across health, social care, and social welfare. Tower Hamlets Connect portal brings together a range of support services together in one place, it is also the front door for adult social care. Find out more about Adult Social Care and Tower Hamlets Connect.
You can contact Tower Hamlets Connect by ringing 0300 303 6070 (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday).
You can also contact Tower Hamlets Connect by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We continue to provide you information and advice on the telephone, however it may take us longer to answer calls during this time. You can access further advice and information from our Health and Wellbeing pages and Tower Hamlets Connect online digital portal.
If you need support with Covid-19, you can contact our Covid-19 Helpline on 020 7364 3030. See further information Covid-19 pages.
- We are primarily undertaking assessments and reviews virtually via Microsoft Teams and telephone. However, where necessary and appropriate we will be visiting people in the community whilst ensuring the safety of staff and those we visit.
- We may take longer than our expected service standards of 28 days to complete assessments at this time but will communicate with you regarding your needs and the process.
- Where you raise urgent welfare or safeguarding concerns, we continue to respond to these as a priority. If you are concerned about someone’s safety make a safeguarding referral to email@example.com or call 0300 303 6070.
In an emergency please call 999. You can find more information on our safeguarding page.
- We are working closely in partnership with our health colleagues and acute hospitals with a Home First model. This means that when service users are in hospital, we will seek to support them to return home from hospital with interim care and support as appropriate and complete a social care assessment for them once they are at home. This is called Discharge to Assess.
- We continue to provide a Reablement Service up to 6 weeks for those who require this service.
- If you care for someone else and need support, contact the Carer Centre on 020 7790 1765 or visit the carers centre Tower Hamlets website.
- If you require a mental health service or think you have a mental health condition please contact the mental health charity Mind on 020 7510 1081, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.mithn.org.uk or your GP for advice and support. In a crisis, please contact the Crisis Line on 0800 073 0003 which is available 24 hours a day including weekends and bank holidays.
- You can find more information on Tower Hamlets Crisis Line.
- If you are concerned about your health or wellbeing you can call your GP or NHS 111.
- In an emergency you should call 999 or 101 for non-emergencies.
Other helpful information
- The 2021 local account magazine covers the achievements and challenges we've experienced over the last year and our priorities for year to come.
- To find a list of local support organisations please refer to Tower Hamlets Covid-19 pages which includes details of social support, advice and information, food support and volunteering.
- You can find details of grocery stores across the borough on these Tower Hamlets Covid-19 pages which includes information on delivery or collection.
- You can find helpful information on benefits and financial support on these Tower Hamelts Covid-19 pages.