Food shopping can be difficult for some people.
It might be because you can't drive and can't carry your shopping bags. It might be that you get tired from walking around the shops or you can't see the food labels due to a visual impairment.
Whatever your circumstances, there are ways to make it easier:
- consider doing your shopping online
- ask the customer service desk at the supermarket for assistance
- some supermarkets offer a delivery service for people who shop in store - check with your local shop to see if they offer this service (there may be a minimum spend or delivery charge)
- if travelling to the supermarket is difficult, see if a family member or friend is able to take you with them when they go
- use your Attendance Allowance to pay for a taxi
- check if there's a food van in your area
- use Shopmobility schemes to help you get around your local shops