Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ Addthis

Top ups

Following your support planning discussion, the council will assess how much your care will cost and the amount that you'll need to contribute towards these costs. You may wish to pay a little extra on top of this amount (voluntarily). This is known as a ‘top up’ and it won't affect the amount of money that the council has agreed to provide.

You, or your family can decide to ‘top up’ your personal budget to purchase additional support or services, for example to use an alternative provider or service.

If you're moving into a care home you can arrange for a third party to make an additional payment should you wish to move into a care home that is more expensive than the amount allocated by the council.

Any top ups should be discussed with your Social Worker to ensure that you're receiving the correct support and are paying the right amount.