Starting your social work career
One of the most important jobs for the Social Work Academy is uncovering the best talent and giving the support this needs to blossom. To help achieve that, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a truly people focused approach to helping you find your feet in the first few years of your career.
Getting into social work
We're committed to providing high quality and support placements to support people seeking entry routes into social work. Through our apprenticeships and the Step Up and Frontline programmes, we hope to showcase Tower Hamlets as an amazing place to learn, practice and develop, all the while inspiring professionals into social work.
Newly qualified social workers: Steps to Success
- Structured 2 week induction followed by induction to other agencies throughout the year
- Reflective supervision through Social Work Academy complements case supervision
- Reduced caseloads
- Monthly ASYE workshop complements other learning opportunities.
- Consolidation module
- Listening circle with Principal Social Worker
- 1:1 coaching and mentoring
- Action learning sets
- Video enhanced reflective practice
- Research partnership with What Works Centre
- Opportunity to buddy NQSW
- Specialist training opportunities if completed consolidation
- Group-coaching with Senior Manager
- Innovation opportunity
- Supported move to another team if desired.