The Allsorts shop provides the opportunity for you to develop your confidence skills, gain experience in retailing and act as a preparatory step towards voluntary/paid work in a similar setting e.g. charity shops, market stall, or mainstream work.
What we do
- Working as part of a supervised team.
- Arrange collection of good quality items which have been donated by members of the community. These include: clothing, household items, and bric a brac.
- Carry out tasks such as: sorting, pricing, displaying, and selling goods.
- Organise fetes, bazaars, and auctions at PRDC & outside venues.
- Hold meetings to organise job roles and discuss developing the shop.
What’s in it for me?
We can support you in identifying needs and goals specific to your individual recovery.
- You will have the opportunity to work in all aspects of the shop in order to find out what area best suits you.
- Your views and ideas for the shop will be valued and where appropriate be included.
- We can support you in identifying training that will support you to continue in your progress.
- We can support you to identify relevant courses or voluntary/paid work in a similar field.
- We can provide you with a reference when applying for the above.
- Learn new skills or rediscover old ones that may not have been used for a while.
- Learn about retail or share your skills from working in retail.
- Learn about the importance of good customer care.
- To experience working in an environment that is supportive.
- Provide a service to the local community.
- To build on your confidence and self esteem.
What can I progress on to?
- Similar work in the community.
Apply to college in order to gain a qualification in retail, or another course of your choice.
What do you expect from me?
- Regular attendance.
- To show commitment to the project.
- To work towards your identified goals.
To work in line with health and safety rules.
If you want the information offline, download a copy of the Allsorts leaflet.
Tel: 020 7364 1182