Bengali Men's group
The group provides a space for Bengali men to develop skills, build confidence and self-esteem, and move forward in their recovery.
The group supports members in identifying needs and goals specific to their individual recovery.
What we do
- We meet once a week offering members the opportunity to interact socially with other members of the Bengali community.
- Share experiences, and learn coping strategies from each other.
- Support individuals to access vocational support as well as educational opportunities.
- Keep fit through walks and sports such as cricket
- Visit museums, cafes, and markets
- Have group discussions and at times invite guest speakers to the group.
What we expect from you
- How a commitment to the group by attending regularly.
- To engage fully in what the group provides.
- Inform the group facilitator or your link worker if you are not able to attend.
- To abide by the PRDC Code of Respect.
What can I progress on to?
- We can support you to attend college to do an ESOL course to help improve your English.
- Access other groups and facilities within the centre.
- Access other community resources relevant to your identified needs and goals.
Download a copy of the Bengali Men's group flyer.