Pritchard's Road Day Centre IT groups
Aims and objectives
- Assess and meet basic I.T. needs of appropriate clients in informal setting.
- Provide access to clients who do not possess the confidence to attend larger groups in a college environment.
Encourage clients to develop their I.T. skills and support to move on to college attendance where appropriate.
Who is suitable for this group?
Our IT Course is suitable for complete IT beginners and for those who are interested in improving their IT skills whether to communicate more widely with friends and family or to gain qualification to enhance employment prospects.
Working in partnership with First Steps Training and Development Who Offers an IT Accredited Computer Training Course.
First Step Training and development also offer arrange of accredit courses in English Maths as well as IT.
Basic courses (12weeks)
Accredited course ICT LEVEL 1
- Basic course for people who have very little or no knowledge of computing
- Understanding PC function hard drive, key board, mouse and how they work.
- Identifying key icons title bar menu and task bars.
- Understanding the main concepts of word processing using Office MS word and Excel (keyboard practice).
Intermediary course (12 weeks)
Accredited course ICT LEVEL 2
- For those who completed the PRDC Basic IT course.
- Using MS word and Excel (Cont) keyboard practice typing.
- Printing, copy and cut & paste from one programme to the other e.g. from MS word to Excel. What the internet is, what it does and how it works.
- Explaining and understanding different search engines.
- Understanding and setting up email accounts.
If you need the information offline, download a copy of the IT course leaflet.
Tel: 020 7364 1242