Pritchard's Road Day Centre service user forum
What is the service user form?
- Service users can raise issues that they want to discuss. This can be either their own issues or issues raised by other service users who are not part of the forum.
- The forum is made up of eight service users and one staff facilitator.
- The forum meets on a monthly basis.
- The staff facilitator can use the forum for consultation for example informing members about plans to develop the service.
- The forum aims to be representative of the centre by having a mixture of service users from different cultural backgrounds.
What are the benefits of joining the forum?
- You will have an opportunity to meet other service users.
- You will learn new skills such as minute taking, and chairing meetings.
- You will be able to raise any concerns about the centre.
- You will be involved in developing the service.
- You will have an opportunity to attend team meetings and inform staff about the forum.
- You will be able to find out about local opportunities for service user involvement including training opportunities and meetings you can attend.
The main responsibilities of members?
- You will be expected to attend each meeting punctually.
- You will need to inform the facilitator if you are unable to make the meeting punctually.
- You will be expected to fully participate in the forum for example taking minutes or chairing the forum on a rota basis.
- You will be willing to raise issues that other members have requested you bring up at the forum.
- You will be expected to give notice if you wish to leave the forum.
Tel: 020 7364 1034