Post adoption services
The post adoption team provides support services to those involved in adoption.
Services are available to anyone involved in adoption or special guardianship. This includes children and adults who are adopted, birth relatives, adoptive families and those affected by special guardianship orders. Inter-country adopters receive a reduced service.
The following services are available:
- Support assessments - The team will assess the needs of the family on request to see whether they qualify for support services.
- Financial support - The team can (for eligible families) access a range of financial support. Some financial assistance is means tested but full details about this can be obtained from the post adoption duty officer.
- For adoptive adults we offer advice, support and assistance to those wishing to access their records, trace birth relatives and reunite.
- Training and support groups are available four times per year covering a variety of topics
- The Adoption Newsletter is available to those wanting to maintain links with the work of the service
- A number of annual events for adopters, adopted adults and birth parents are held during the year
How to contact us
If you require access to our post adoption service, you can speak to a duty worker Mon - Fri between 2 - 5pm or leave a message outside these hours. Alternatively you can email the team.
Post Adoption Team
5 Clove Crescent
London E14 2BG
Tel: 0800 279 9850
Find out more about our post adoption service at Tower Hamlets.