Coronavirus news and updates
There have been a vast number of changes to our services since March, as we respond to the pandemic. We are regularly publishing updates and advice at www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/coronavirus
We are also sharing updates with our subscribers in regular, comprehensive emails, and publishing stories on social media using #TowerHamletsTogether and #KeepTowerHamletsSafe.
Sign up to our 'health and wellbeing - coronavirus' newsletter to get regular updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to our newsletter
Read the most recent updates online:
- 31 July 2020: Visiting our parks? Don't be a tosser + Eid Mubarak to those celebrating!
- 28 July 2020: Stay safe, eat out to help out, free cycle training and Eid Al-Adha celebrations
- 24 July 2020: Wear a face covering, the lowdown on Test and Trace + summer fun
- 21 July 2020: Welcome back to Idea Stores, eat out to help out, wear a face covering and more
- 17 July 2020: Idea Stores reopening, summer events for families and the UK's recovery roadmap
- 16 July 2020: Bengali e-newsletter - Test and trace, keeping the faith and meet the silly squad
- 14 July 2020: Test and trace, keeping the faith and meet the silly squad
- 10 July 2020: Safety is our top priority, get tested for Covid-19 and online summer schools
- 9 July 2020: Bengali e-newsletter - updates from Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 July 2020: Markets reopening success, time to reflect, special events and lots of ongoing support
- 3 July 2020: Find out about the reopening of pubs and the return of Columbia Road Flower Market
- 2 July 2020: Bengali e-newsletter - COVID-19 funding shortfall + Stars in Memory and mental health
- 29 May 2020: School updates and tell us about your lockdown experiences
- 28 May 2020: Bengali e-newsletter - dawn raids show coronavirus won't stop crackdown on drugs
- 27 May 2020: Dawn raids show coronavirus won't stop the crackdown on drug dealers
- 22 May 2020: Update on schools, new opening hours for Victoria Park and Eid Mubarak
- 21 May 2020: Bengali e-newsletter - celebrating Eid safely, mental health, new coronavirus symptom
- 19 May 2020: A new coronavirus symptom, help us keep streets clean, it's time to be kind + more
- 15 May 2020: New opening hours for Vicky Park, our response so far and thanks to terrific teachers
- 14 May 2020: Bengali e-newsletter - the threat isn't over and looking after mental health
- 13 May 2020: Looking after your mental health and a note on visiting Vicky Park
- 11 May 2020: The threat is not over - read the latest on lockdown
- 7 May 2020: Our own walking hero, ways to spend the bank holiday and accessing health services
- 7 May 2020: Bengali e-newsletter - ways to spend the weekend at home, accessing health services
- 4 May 2020: Messages of hope in the fight against covid, changes to free school meals and more
- 1 May 2020: A big thank you from the mayor, more testing for key workers + local advice
- 30 April 2020: Bengali e-newsletter - NHS still there for you, housing support and local advice
- 29 April 2020: When to get help: The NHS is still there if you need it, local advice + free dance classes
- 27 April 2020: Gruffalo illustrator pitches in to help explain coronavirus to kids
- 24 April 2020: Ramadan Mubarak, food for thousands, rent relief for community groups
- 23 April 2020: Bengali e-newsletter - Ramadan Mubarak from the Mayor and more local advice
- 22 April 2020: #AloneTogether, a Ramadan message and advice from some famous faces
- 20 April 2020: Rent deferral for commercial tenants and having a healthy Ramadan
- 17 April 2020: Lockdown continues: please keep doing the right thing
- 16 April 2020: Bengali e-newsletter - Shop responsibly, message for abuse victims and local advice
- 14 April 2020: New local advice, and a simple message for abuse victims: you are not alone
- 9 April 2020: Virtual Easter egg hunt, Victoria Park to reopen, bank holiday bin collections & more
- 9 April 2020: Bengali e-newsletter - Stay home, Vicoria Park, GP practices and pharmacies open
- 8 April 2020: Want to help? Paid and volunteer roles available! Plus parking, shopping and more
- 6 April 2020: Please keep following the rules to avoid further restrictions, and more local advice
- 3 April 2020: Please stay home and save lives this weekend, food packages for residents & more
- 3 April 2020: Bengali e-newsletter - Watch out for scams, thanks to volunteers & local advice
- 1 April 2020: Watch out for scams, thanks to volunteers & local coronavirus advice
And subscribe at www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/signup to get them straight to your inbox.
Remember, there are things we all must do differently in order to protect ourselves and others. It is vital that we all follow government and NHS advice.
It's been heartening to see so many wonderful people and organisations stepping up to help those who need it as we all work together to tackle coronavirus.
In Tower Hamlets, the volunteer response has been second to none and we're very grateful for all the individuals and groups putting their hands up to help through the Tower Hamlets Volunteer Centre.
If you're helping in the community, why not take a moment to share a photo or a story on social media using the hashtag #TowerHamletsTogether?
It could be anything from displaying your child's rainbow drawing in your window to dropping off essential supplies to a neighbour, or maybe you're a small business or organisation supporting people in a different way. Every little gesture is helping us get through this together.
More on Tower Hamlets Together