Stay at home entertainment and culture resources
TV, film and cinema
Theatre and performance
- Half Moon Theatre is showing free full length family friendly shows every Wednesday
The National Theatre is streaming a performance live every Thursday, for free
The Royal Opera House is streaming performances for free
Sadler's Wells is streaming performances and workshops for free
Gecko theatre has a range of plays on their YouTube channel
Hampstead theatre is showcasing performances weekly
Cheek by Jowl has brought back the archive recording of its hit version of Shakespeare's problem play ‘The Winter’s Tale'
Myth: The Rise and Fall of Orpheus a modern retelling of the ancient Greek story of Orpheus and the underworld
Everybody's Talking about Jamie is a hit musical inspired by a true story
Only the Brave, the hit musical tells the story of a group of soldiers in the run-up to the D-Day landings
- Andrew Lloyd Webber: The Show Must Go On. He'll be releasing a full-length, smash-hit musical once a week for you to watch for free. It will be available for 48 hours, so you can tune in whenever you like over the weekend.
- The Space have fused the 125-year-old opera, Tosca, with virtual reality to put you in the centre of Puccini’s greatest love story.
- The Metropolitan Opera are providing dynamic, fresh content every night at the moment, diving into their back-catalogue of incredible productions to provide a new show on their website every day.
- Opera Vision will release new shows weekly
- The Royal Opera House have released a variety of their incredible productions
Museum tours galleries and activities
- The Royal Academy has activities and virtual walkthroughs of the gallery’s current exhibitions.
- British Museum virtual tour
National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C has online tours
Musée d’Orsay virtual tour
National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul virtual tour
- Guggenheim Museum, New York has a range of online resources
- Digital Design Museum is a a new series of online content bringing the world of design into your home.
- V&A are displaying a range of collections online
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover
- Museum of London has lots of fun home-learning ideas
- NASA image gallery is perfect for budding astronauts and astronomers
- Florence Nightingale Museum Nightingale in 200 Objects, People & Places exhibition
- Royal Museums Greenwich offers a desert island guide to self isolation and you can build your own solar system in a box
- Natural history museum has a range of online exhibits
- Hauser & Wirth’s gallery has a range of online exhibitions and is also launching Dispatches, a new series of videos, events and features to keep connected with artists in isolation.
- British Library has a large collection of interesting items
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York online exhibit highlights are spotlights on Christian Dior and Coco Chanel, the art of music through time and a new look at Vermeer.
- The Courtauld Gallery has already been closed since 2018 for a major redevelopment, and created a virtual tour of the venue as it was before the doors shut.
- V&A virtual Gallery of Fashion takes viewers through the history of clothing design around the world. Further exhibits include spotlights on Balenciaga, Schiaparelli, Indian textiles and the politics of fashion.
- The Science Museum has lots of interseting learning resources
Animals, zoos and farms
Education and learning
Children's education and learning
We have lots of resources for children's education and learning needs.
Learn a new skill
There are many tutorials on Youtube where you can learn:
- a new language
- how to cook
- how to take better selfies
- how to speed read
- how to juggle
- how to do CPR
- how to make a paper airplane (that actually flies)
- how to survive a shark attack
- the list goes on....
- Learn to code (HTML, CSS, PYTHON and more)
- Vamos theatre the UK's leading full mask theatre company has a series of videos where you can learn about different mask techniques
- Nikon School Free online courses on a range photography styles