Support with education and childcare at home
What support will be available to parents to help them educate their children at home?
The Department for Education has provided detailed FAQs. DfE is also working with the BBC and others to provide resources for children to access while at home.
Department for Education coronavirus helpline
The Department for Education has set up a helpline to offer guidance for anyone with education related questions - from early years up to universities, plus parents. You can call 0800 046 8687 from 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday) and 10am to 4pm (Saturday and Sunday).
Resources for parents and carers with school-aged children at home
This page contains a number of useful resources and links for parents and carers to support children's learning at home.
Family Information Service
The Tower Hamlets Family Information Service is here to assist and support families.
We provide free, impartial information and advice on a variety of services for children and young people (from birth to 25 years old), parents and families. The service operates a telephone helpline service from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Please call 020 7364 645 or email email@example.com
Visit the Local Offer for further resources from Tower Hamlets for children, young people and their families or explore our Stay at Home Resources.
The following links will connect you to external websites which offer support, advice and teaching materials for children, young people and parents to continue learning/teaching whilst schools are closed to most children.
These links will mostly take you to external websites. Where this occurs, we are not responsible for their content.
Keeping your child safe online
There is a lot of support available to keep your child safe online. Below are some useful links to help parents and carers:
- Thinkyouknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online)
- Internet matters (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Parent info (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- LGfL (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Net-aware (support for parents and carers from the NSPCC)
- Digital safety and wellbeing kit from the Children's Commissioner (for children and parents)