Health and Wellbeing Board
Do you have a question for the board about Covid-19?
On Tuesday 9 June at 5pm, Tower Hamlets Health and Wellbeing Board will be answering some of your questions about Covid-19.
Do you have a question about the nature of the pandemic?
- Tower Hamlets response to the health emergency Covid-19 created?
- how best to keep yourself and your family safe as lockdown eases?
- how Tower Hamlets council, NHS and health partners will need to adapt or react in the future?
If you’d like to ask a question on one of these topics or anything relating to Covid-19’s impact on Health and Wellbeing, please submit your question to Jamal.UddinX@towerhamlets.gov.uk by 5pm on Monday 8 June.
You can watch the Health and Wellbeing Board meeting and we will update you with the details by email. You can also view details of the council's committee meeting/HWBB.
The Tower Hamlets Health and Wellbeing board is a statutory committee of the council.
This means senior leaders from the NHS, Tower Hamlets, Healthwatch and the voluntary and community sector can work together to improve the health and wellbeing of people in Tower Hamlets and reduce health inequalities.
What does the health and wellbeing board do?
The health and wellbeing board aims to improve the health and wellbeing of local people and tackle health inequalities by:
- identifying local health needs and priorities, and making sure commissioning plans reflect the findings of our analysis of local health needs, the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA)
- preparing and publishing a joint health and wellbeing strategy based upon the needs identified within Tower Hamlets health and wellbeing profile
- plan the delivery of integrated local services by addressing the underlying factors of health and wellbeing
- encouraging agencies to collaborate
- communicating and engaging with the public and other stakeholders about how to achieve the best possible quality of life
Our lead member for Adults Health and Wellbeing, Councillor Amina Ali who chairs meetings of the Health and Wellbeing Board produces a briefing note following each Board meeting which can be found here.
- Issue 1 - November 2019
- Issue 2 - January 2020
Health and Wellbeing Board meeting dates, agendas and papers can be found on our committee pages.
Who sits on the health and wellbeing board?
The Health and Social Care Act 2012 sets out a minimum membership of:
- one local councillor
- a representative of the local Healthwatch
- a representative of the local clinical commissioning group
- the local authority director for adult social services
- the local authority director for children’s services
- the director of public health for the local authority
Tower Hamlets Health and Wellbeing Board has widened its membership to include representatives from Barts Health Trust, GP Care Group, East London Foundation Trust and the Community and Voluntary Sector.
|Cllr Rachel Blake
||Chair, LB of Tower Hamlets
|Sir Sam Everington
||Vice-chair and Chair of TH clinical commissioning group
|Cllr Danny Hassell
||Cabinet Member for Children Schools and Young People, LB of Tower Hamlets
|Cllr Sirajul Islam
||Cabinet Member for Housing & Regeneration, LB of Tower Hamlets
|Cllr Candida Ronald
||Cabinet Member Resources & the Voluntary Sector, LB of Tower Hamlets
|Cllr Denise Jones
||Mayor's Advisor for Older People, LB of Tower Hamlets
|Dr Somen Banerjee
|| Director of Public Health, LB of Tower Hamlets
||Executive Director of Finance, WEL CCG’s – Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest and Newham CCG’s
||Corporate Director Children & Culture, LB of Tower Hamlets
||Corporate Director Health Adults & Community, LB of Tower Hamlets
||Chair of Healthwatch Tower Hamlets
||Corporate Director of Governance, LB of Tower Hamlets
||Divisional Director Growth and Economic Development, LB of Tower Hamlets
||Chief Executive, GP Care Group
|Dr Ian Basnet
||Public Health Director, Barts Health NHS Trust
||Chief Executive, Tower Hamlets Council for Voluntary Service
|Dr Paul Gilluley
||Chief Medical Officer, East London Foundation Trust
||Managing Director, Royal London Hospital - Barts Health
||Housing Representative, Tower Hamlets Housing Forum / Clarion Housing
||Young Dept Mayor - Cabinet Member for Health, LB of Tower Hamlets
||Joint Borough Commander for Tower Hamlets & Hackney, London Metropolitan Police
||Borough Commander, London Fire Brigade