Getting help

If you or someone you know is in need of support from adult social care, there are a number of places you can go to get help.

General questions related to adult social care

If you have a general question related to adult social care, you can look through this website or contact Local Link. Local Link are a set of organisations that are independent of the council. This website and Local Link can help answers questions like: 

  • what activities and support are available in my local area?
  • can I or someone I know get support?

Local Link Tel: 020 7001 2175 (10am-4pm, Mon-Fri)

Are you worried about someone?

Use this referral form if you are a friend or neighbour concerned about someone or if you are a professional making a referral to adult social care.

What to do if the situation is serious or urgent?

If the situation is serious or urgent, you should contact the council’s Assessment and Intervention Team. If there is an emergency, you should always contact emergency services on 999. The Assessment and Intervention team are part of the council. They can help with situations like: 

  • You or someone you know being in urgent need of support from the council
  • Being worried that you or someone you know is being abused or neglected

Assessment and Intervention team
Tel: 020 7364 5005 (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri)
Address: Assessment and Intervention team, John Onslow House, 1 Ewart Place, London, E3 5EQ

Find out more about: