Mental health

Tower Hamlets council works hard to meet the mental health needs of its residents, from provisions and assessment for those with special educational needs, to psychological, psychiatric and social work services and the correct vetting of contract and supplier staff.

Special educational needs

A child may be eligible for a special educational needs statement. This sets out the special educational needs of the child and the special help they should have at school.

For information on mental health services for people who live, work or study in Tower Hamlets, please see NHS Tower Hamlets website.

It includes mental health services which are commissioned by NHS Tower Hamlets, London Borough of Tower Hamlets and ELFT, together with information about voluntary and community sector agencies.

It also provides general information about mental health conditions and commonly used medications.