We offer one of the best salary packages for Social Workers in the country, you will also be eligible for an annual travel allowance card covering zones 2-3.
We are committed to developing excellent Social Work practitioners and if you choose to work with us you will benefit from:
- a diverse caseload and good quality reflective supervision
- bespoke coaching and support from the Social Work Academy
- opportunities to undertake further study and complete Post-Qualifying modules through our partner universities.
- Grade I-K – £37,491- £48,576
- Advance Practitioner/Senior Social Workers Ranging from £49,581- £52,569
- Annual leave entitlement of 28 days per annum
- An additional 5 days annual leave for continuous local government long service after 5 years
- 2 statutory days which are allocated to the Christmas holiday period
- 1 concessionary days with the Christmas holiday
- Paid sick leave
Local government pension
A good quality and secure pension scheme, offering stable and attractive benefits.
Funded membership SW England registration
We reimburse all of your Social work England membership fees.
Tower Hamlets has clear career pathways to assist you in progressing in your chosen career
Other employee benefits
Other employee benefits include:
- Child care vouchers
- Discounted local gym membership - As a council employee you are entitled to a discounted membership with Better.
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Travel allowance depending on the role
- As a Tower Hamlets employee you will be able to access a range of discounts with retail and other outlets.
Staff can access a number of discounts and savings with major retailers and leisure services via our 3rd party benefit platform You at Work.