Cycling and BMX
Tower Hamlets Cycling Club
The boroughs first cycling club was formed in 2008 run from one of the containers in Victoria Park near the old running track, and after receiving funding the club was soon running a variety of cycling sessions for the local community.
Over the past years, the club have worked with many organisations in addition to Tower Hamlets Sports Development including Access Sport, Young at Heart, numerous community centres and schools. These sessions have included 50+, deaf adults, men, adults and children with autism and special needs and women and girls only rides.
The club provides:
- Bikes to the local community, giving them the opportunity to cycle and explore their local area.
- Access to cycling for people in the community on low income, disabilities and other barriers such as cultural or religious reasons.
- Home educated children the opportunity to take part in cycling.
- Beginners & confidence building Sessions
- Women sessions
- Family Rides sessions
- Bike Maintenance sessions.
For more information on Tower Hamlets Cycling Club email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tower Hamlets BMX Club
In 2011 Tower Hamlets BMX Club was set up through the support of Access Sport. The club now runs independently since the launch of Mile End Park BMX track in October 2012. They achieved the club of the year award in 2013.
Tower Hamlets sports team has continued to support the Cycling & BMX club, working in partnership on several events throughout the year giving young people the opportunity to try a sport they would not usually be able to try or afford.
Our events and sessions included:
- Sporting carnival
- Get Your Skates
- Youth Service Games
- May/October half term sessions
- Girls/Women Olympic Park rides
- Summer holiday workshops
Many of the young people who have attended Sports Development events/sessions have now become regular members of the Cycling or BMX Club.
For more details on Tower Hamlets BMX Club email email@example.com.