We cannot provide visitor scratch cards at the moment.
Instead, we can provide a temporary permit that can be used for visitors’ cars. These will be valid until 30 November 2019.
If you have a temporary permit that expired on 14 October or 4 November, you can continue to use and display this until 30 November 2019.
How to apply
- Read the terms and conditions and then complete the online application form. If you haven’t already got an account, you will need to register and verify your email first.
- You will need to upload your proof of residency (such as a council tax letter).
- We will check your application and documents and let you know if it has been accepted. Applications will be processed by the end of the next working day.
- If it's approved, we will post you a temporary permit.
- You will receive updates by email at each step of this process.
Apply for a temporary resident visitor permit
We have posted a free temporary permit valid until 4 November to all MiPermit holders (those who had free, virtual visitor permits). You can continue to use and display this permit until 30 November
Temporary permit terms and conditions
- Valid for use until 23:59 on 30 November 2019
- Can be used in any vehicle, and are not limited to ‘one use’ as Scratch Cards are.
- Valid all day, and can be used multiple times.
- The Temporary Permit Is only valid in one of the following parking bay within the zone which is written on the temporary permit;
a) Resident Permit Holder Only
b) Permit Holder Only
c) Permit Holder or Pay at machine
d) Permit Holder or Pay by phone.
Note - the signage may vary – it is the driver's responsibility to check.